How do I complain?

If you are unhappy with our service we hope that you will contact us and we will try to put this right. However if we are unable to satisfy your concerns, we have a rigorous, independent complaints procedure that commits us to treating you fairly.

You can raise your concerns in a number of ways.

In writing – Address your letter for the attention of the Complaints Department at our head office.

By telephone – You can raise your concerns with your broker and they will forward the details to the Complaints Department, or you can telephone and ask to speak with the Complaints Department.

By email – You can contact our Complaints Department by emailing your concerns to [email protected]

How long will it take?

Our aim is to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. A full investigation will be undertaken and we will write to you again with the final outcome of that investigation within the guidelines described below:

  • The Complaints Department will send a written acknowledgement of a complaint within 5 days of receipt detailing the firm’s in-house procedures and enclosing a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service complaints leaflet.

  • Within 8 weeks of receiving a complaint the Complaints Department will send:

    a. a final response; or
    b. a holding letter explaining:
    c. the reason for delay and giving an indication of resolve; and
    d. informing you that you may refer the complaint to Financial Ombudsman Service.

The Financial Ombudsman Service

Our aim is to resolve complaints internally. However, if you are not satisfied with our final response or if eight weeks have passed since you first brought your complaint to our attention, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you want the Financial Ombudsman Service to look into your complaint, you must contact them within six months of the date of any final response issued.

You can write to them at:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Alternatively, you can telephone them on 0845 023 4 567. Further information can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service website.

The Financial Ombudsman Service offers a free independent service and they can help with most financial complaints.

How do I close my account?

Please write to us at the address below for the attention of the Client Services Department and quote your account number with us. Alternatively, you can email your request (from your registered email account) to [email protected]. If you would like to transfer stock to another broker please include in your letter/email the stock and amount to transfer and the full details of your account with the other broker.

We will then process this for you. Please note we charge £16 per stock to transfer to another broker on your behalf.

What are your contact details?

Our address is:


Email: [email protected]