Today, the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications reported the core consumer price index (CPI) edged up 0.1% m-o-m in September. On y-o-y basis, prices gained 0.7% after increasing 0.8% in August. Overall prices were up 0.3% m-o-m and 1.1% y-o-y. On m-o-m basis, prices in the clothing segment rose 6%, followed by food (+1%), fuel (+0.8%) and furniture (+0.3%), while recreation prices fell 1.6%. On y-o-y basis, fuel prices grew 5.4%. Other sectors that registered gains were transportation (+2.5%), food (+1.7%), clothing (+0.7%) and education (+0.7%). Furniture and housing prices dipped 1.3% and 0.4%, respectively.